E-commerce refers to commercial transactions done online
E-commerce refers to commercial transactions done online such as the purchasing, selling or trading of goods or services. Electronic commerce or e-commerce is a term for any type of transfer of information across the Internet. E-commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. It allows for consumers and buyers to electronically complete their transactions with the ease of a click of a button.
E-commerce businesses usually employ some or all of the following practices:
- Provide Etail or “virtual storefronts” on websites with online catalogs, sometimes gathered into a “virtual mall”.
- Buy or sell on websites or online marketplaces.
- Gather and use demographic data through web contacts and social media.
- Use electronic data interchange, the business-to-business exchange of data.
- Reach prospective and established customers by E-mail or fax (for example, with newsletters).
- Use business-to-business buying and selling.
- Provide secure business transactions.
1st Web Studio is a Full-Service Web Design Company known for establishing solid business and personal relationships with all clients. Our high-end web design services are delivered on time and on an affordable budget. Contact us for an initial consultation to discuss your ideas and vision for the new site and begin to generate new business online today. Also check us out on Facebook and Twitter